• On April 16th Pope Benedict XVI will celebrate his 81st birthday. That day he will be at the White House after which he will attend a prayer service with bishops at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D. C.
• Two students from the Catholic University of America designed the altar upon which the Holy Father will celebrate Mass at Nationals’ Park
• Kelly Clarkson, the first season's winner of the television talent show American Idol, will sing for Pope Benedict XVI at Saint Joseph Seminary. One of the hymns she will sing is Ave Maria.
• On April 20th the Pope Benedict XVI will visit Ground Zero and celebrate Mass at Yankee Stadium.
Harry Connick, Jr., Jose Feliciano, and Dana will perform for the Holy Father at Yankee Stadium before the Mass.
• Pope Benedict XVI has a pilot's license for the papal helicopter and likes to fly from the Vatican to the papal summer residence, Castel Gandolfo, but the pope does not have a driver's license as he never learned to drive a car.
• Weideneder Brau Vertriebs GmbH, a family-owned brewery in nearby Tann, Germany, has created a special brew called Pabstbier/Pope Beer. The label reads, "Dedicated to the Great Son of our Homeland, Pope Benedict XVI."
• Pope Benedict XVI was the youngest of three children whose father, Joseph Sr., was a police officer. His brother, Monsignor Georg Ratzinger, is a retired priest.
• Pope Benedict XVI's sister Maria was his housekeeper until she died at the age of 69.
• At the age of 16, Josef Ratzinger was drafted into the German army.
• In 1945 during World War II, Josef deserted from the German army and was a U.S. prisoner of war.
• Pope Benedict XVI is fluent in German, English, Italian, French, and Spanish and has knowledge of Portuguese. Naturally, he can also speak classical Latin.
• The Holy Father enjoys playing the piano and listening to the music of Mozart and Bach daily.
• Pope Benedict XVI loves cats and has two of his own. One was a stray which he found in Rome.
• The Holy Father still has the stuffed animals his mother made for him when he was a child.
• Pope Benedict XVI still has the stuffed animals his mother made for him when he was a child. Pope Benedict XVI's favorite meal is Bavarian potato ravioli with pancake strips.